Adobo Skirt Steak with Herbed Garlic Sauce
Skirt steak is long and flat – prized for its flavor rather than its tenderness. This recipe includes a special marinade that has 10 ingredients – rich in flavor!
Author: George Duran
Cuisine: More Favorite Recipes
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch
- brown sugar 2 tablespoon
- ground coriander 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon
- chili powder 1 tablespoon
- cumin 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano 1 tablespoon
- cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
- garlic cloves 4
- kosher salt 1 teaspoon
- skirt steak (4 servings) 1 pound
- garlic cloves 1
- salt ½ teaspoon
- ground black pepper ¼ teaspoon
- cilantro 1 cup
- fresh mint ½ cup
- olive oil ¼ cup
- lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Prepare steak marinade by combining first 10 ingredients in a bowl and whisking them together.
- Place steaks into a large resealable plastic bag and add marinade
- Shake well, making sure that steaks are evenly covered, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- In the meantime make the herbed garlic sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Plug in your IMUSA Panini maker and allow pre-heating for about 5 minutes.
- Remove each steak, and in two batches, cook steaks in the Panini maker for 2-3 minutes for thin steaks or longer for thicker pieces (medium-rare).
- Serve steak drizzled with sauce.