Caramelized Plantain-Split Sundae
You’ve never had an ice-cream sundae as delicious as this one -using ripened sweet plantains, chocolate chips, & walnuts!
Author: George Duran
Cuisine: More Favorite Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- unsalted butter 4 tablespoons
- ends trimmed, peeled, & cut lengthwise ripened plantains 2
- brown sugar ⅓ cup
- heavy cream ½ cup
- semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 cup
- chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled (optional) ½ cup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in an IMUSA Caldero or stock pot over medium heat, and then add plantain slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook for about 2 minutes before turning them over and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip plantains once more and cook for another 2 minutes until caramelized. Be careful not to burn the plantains. Remove the plantains and set aside.
- Add in heavy cream to IMUSA Caldero or stock pot and whisk until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add chocolate and whisk until completely melted.
- Serve vanilla ice cream between two plantain halves and top with chocolate sauce and walnuts. Serve extra chocolate sauce on the side if desired.