Grilled Shrimp & Chorizo with Lime Chimichurri
It’s almost the end of the summer and that means you have a few more days for one last BBQ! Chef George Duran teaches us how to make Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo with Lime Chimichurri. Easy to follow and delicious!
Author: George Duran
- 12 large shrimp
- 2 Spanish chorizo sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Lime Chimichurri:
- 2 cups fresh parsley and/or cilantro, firmly packed
- 3-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Slice the chorizo into ½-inch thick slices. Alternate chorizo slices into the crook of each shrimp and thread throughout a skewer. Set aside while you make chimichurri.
- Make chimichurri by blending all of the ingredients above in a blender until somewhat smooth.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-hot. Brush the skewers with a little olive oil and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning once, or until the shrimp are translucent and the chorizo cooked through. Drizzle with plenty of chimichurri.