Mexican style Ceviche
Don’t you dare to go through the summer with out trying this refreshing Mexican Style Ceviche recipe by Chef Michelle Bernstein. It’s simple, healthy and delicious!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 pound fresh white fish like snapper, grouper or corvina
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ Serrano pepper, sliced thin with a mandolin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced paper thin with a mandolin
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut into julienne strips
- ¼ red onion, julienne fine
- ¼ cup cilantro with stems, rough chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- *Serve with tortilla chips
- Cut the fish in ¼ – ½ inch pieces and place in a medium size bowl. Add the salt and mix. Add the lime juice and Serrano pepper into the fish, place in a cooler.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan on medium heat, add the garlic shaking the pan until golden brown, immediately remove the garlic from the pan onto a paper towel and allow the garlic and oil to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the ceviche from the cooler. Mix in the tomato, onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of the cooled oil and the garlic chips. Season to taste with salt if necessary. Top with diced avocado and serve with tortilla chips.