Pinto Beans with Ground Beef and Carrots
Enjoy an exquisite side of Pinto Beans complemented with the taste of ground beef and carrots seasoned to perfection. This combination of flavors is done in less than 45 minutes using a pressure cooker. See George Duran’s delicious and easy to make recipe for Pinto Beans with Ground Beef and Carrots.. serve it with a little bit of rice and Buén Provecho!!!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Specialty
- 2 Tblsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 packets of “Sazon con Culantro y Achiote”
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 C. diced carrots
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tblsp. cumin
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 C. dried Pinto beans
- 4 C. water
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat 1 Tblsp. of olive oil in the pressure cooker on high heat and cook ground beef until browned. Then mix in both packets of Sazon. Remove and set aside. Add another Tblsp. of olive oil and on medium heat cook onion, carrots and pepper, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in oregano, cumin, cooked beef, tomatoes, beans and water. Close lid and allow to come to high pressure. Once under pressure cook for 25 minutes. Turn off heat and allow for a slow release of the pressure, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.