Polenta-Crusted Fish Tacos with Spicy Mango Slaw
Adding a paprika polenta mixture to tilapia creates a flavorful filling for your tacos – topping it with a mango/cabbage slaw takes your taste buds to a whole new level!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- tilapia 2 to 3 pieces
- polenta (or fine cornmeal) ¾ cups
- paprika 1 teaspoon
- olive oil
- cilantro and sliced radishes for garnish
- corn tortillas 4 to 6
- mayonnaise 1 tablespoon
- sour cream 2 tablespoons
- chipotle hot sauce, like Tabasco 1 teaspoon
- lime juice 1 teaspoon
- salt 1 pinch
- cabbage 1 cup
- mango, ripened but hard 1
- Make slaw by mixing the first five ingredients until smooth and then mixing it with the cabbage and mango. Set aside.
- Mix paprika and polenta together in a shallow bowl.
- Season tilapia strips with salt and press into polenta, making sure it’s completely covered. Discard excess polenta.
- Heat 1-2 Tblsp. of olive oil in your IMUSA sauté pan and once it begins to smoke, add the tilapia. Fry the tilapia in batches, about 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly browned and fully cooked. Remove onto a paper-towel lined dish.
- Heat corn tortillas in the IMUSA tortilla warmer and serve fish tacos.
- Assemble by placing some slaw in the center of the tortilla and one or two slices of tilapia on top. Top with cilantro leaves and radish.