Saffron Jasmine Rice with Raisins and Almonds
Jasmine rice is a fragrant long-grain variety of rice that has a nutty aroma – paired with saffron, raisins, and almonds – this recipe has the perfect balance of savory and sweet!
Author: Ana Quincoces
Recipe type: Side dish, Lunch, Dinner
- chicken stock 3 cups
- butter 1 tablespoon
- saffron threads, 2 pinches ¼ teaspoon
- jasmine or basmati rice 1½ cups
- ground pepper ½ teaspoon
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- salt 1 tablespoon
- ground black pepper ½ teaspoon
- cloves of garlic 2
- shallot 1
- sweet onion, like Vidalia 1
- bay leaf 1
- golden raisins ½ cup
- Rice wine vinegar 2 tablespoons
- low sodium soy sauté 2 tablespoons
- flat leaf parsley ¼ cup
- almonds ¾ cup
- Heat the olive oil in an IMUSA sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic, onion, and shallot until translucent 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaf and paprika stir and set aside.
- In an IMUSA Rice cooker. Add the rice, stock, ½ of the parsley, ½ of the almonds, the raisins, the onion mixture, the soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper and saffron threads.
- Press “cook” on the rice cooker. Once the rice cooker indicator changes to warm (about 20 to 25 min.), fluff with a fork, taste and correct seasoning if necessary and serve with fresh parsley and extra toasted almonds on top.