Comments are closed.
Recipe of the Week
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp in Cheesy Chipotle DipRating: 0Bacon-wrapped Shrimp in Cheesy Chipotle DipUse your IMUSA lava rock molcajete to impress your guests with this delicious appetizer! Shrimp, Bacon and Cheese!?? You cant get better than that! Enough said, start prepping!Author: George DuranRecipe type: AppetizerServes: 5Prep time:Cook time:Total time:Ingredients
- 12-14 extra large shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined
- 6-7 slices of thin bacon
- 1 C. petite diced canned tomatoes, well drained
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 C. Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tblsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tblsp. of adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Dry shrimp with paper towel and cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap each shrimp tightly with a half slice of bacon. Hang shrimp over the edge of your IMUSA molcajete, tail side out.
- Place drained tomatoes in a medium bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon in the center of the molcajete.
- Place molcajete in the center of a sturdy baking sheet and put inside the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and serve with warm with baguette slices or crisp tortillas. The molcajete will be extremely hot.
- Mexican Beer Battered TempuraRating: 0Mexican Beer Battered TempuraTempura is the quintessential Japanese deep fried dish. We put a twist on it using Mexican beer to add a unique flavor. Try frying shrimp, sweet potato, red pepper, and asparagus!Author: George DuranCuisine: FusionRecipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, DinnerIngredients
- bottle of cold Mexican beer, such as Corona or Dos Equis 1
- flour, plus more for flouring 1 cup
- salt 1 teaspoon
- large raw shrimp 6
- small sweet potato 1
- small red pepper 1
- asparagus spears 6
- vegetable oil for frying 1.5 quarts
- Tempura sauce or dumpling sauce for dipping
- In a bowl mix 1 cup beer into flour. Then add enough beer until batter is smooth and lightly coats a spoon. There will be lumps. Mix in salt.
- Make several shallow cuts across the inside curve of each shrimp and press shrimp gently to help prevent curling.
- Flour vegetables pieces and shrimp and set aside.
- Heat oil in IMUSA wok until it reaches 375° F.
- Working in small batches, dredge each vegetables piece until they are completely coated, and place in IMUSA wok, turning often, until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Place on drip tray. Dredge shrimp last and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serve tempura with dipping sauce right away.
- Note: You may use many other sliced vegetables for this recipe including mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and turnips.
- Shrimp Avocado and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas in Sun Dried Tomato TortillaRating: 0Shrimp Avocado and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas in Sun Dried Tomato TortillaThis quesadilla recipe is layered with flavors from the sweet caramelized onions to the savory seasoned shrimp. Using an IMUSA quesadilla maker, you will have perfect quesadillas in no time!Author: adminCuisine: MexicanRecipe type: Lunch, Dinner, SnackIngredients
- large (sun dried tomato flavored) flour tortilla (regular flour tortillas may be used as well) 8
- Jack and Cheddar cheese 1 pound
- large, ripe yet firm avocado 1
- large shrimp 1 pound
- large sweet onion 1
- butter (plus more for brushing outside) 2 tablespoons
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- sour cream ½ cup
- salt ¼ teaspoon
- cayenne pepper ¼ teaspoon
- fresh tomato salsa
- fresh cilantro
- In a medium skillet heat 1 T of butter and 1 T of olive oil over medium high heat.
- the thinly sliced onions stirring occasionally (but not too often) until caramelized. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add additional tablespoon of butter to pan and add the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently until opaque and lightly golden, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a flat surface and divide HALF of the cheese among them.
- Next add the caramelized onion, shrimp and avocado.
- Top with the remaining half of the cheese, and another tortilla on top.
- Lightly brush the outside with a little melted butter or olive oil and place in a preheated IMUSA quesadilla maker.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla attains a golden color and nice crisp.
- Add ¼ teaspoon each of salt and cayenne pepper to sour cream and stir to combine.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges using a pizza cutter and top with the sour cream, salsa, and chopped cilantro.