Spanish Rice with Corn and Olives
Using sofrito is the secret to Latin-Flavored rice in an IMUSA caldero! This recipe adds fresh sweet corn and Spanish olives for a salty/sweet combination you will love!
Author: IMUSA Chef Team
Recipe type: Side, Dinner, Lunch
- long grain white rice 2 cups
- Corns on the Cob (or 1 1⁄2 cup of Sweet Corn) 4
- Sofrito 2 tablespoons
- tomato sauce ½ cup
- vegetable or corn oil ¼ cup
- Spanish olives ¼ cup
- In an IMUSA FRY PAN, sauté the corn until lightly browned and crisp, then set aside to cool.
- Turn heat on to medium. Add oil, tomato sauce and sofrito in your IMUSA CALDERO. Let it simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn to the IMUSA CALDERO. Proceed by adding olives then stir. Cover and let it cook. Blend together for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Raising the heat to high, add 4 cups of water and stir
- Add a pinch of salt and let it cook until the water starts evaporating (7-10 minutes). Reducing the heat to low, cover the Caldero and let cook for 18-20 minutes (or until rice is fluffy).
- Serve with sweet plantains or green salad.