Tres Leches French Toast
Tres leches is a divine combination of 3 types of milk: Evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and heavy cream. Your Sunday morning brunch will never be the same once you serve this French Toast! Who said you can’t have dessert for breakfast!?
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
- can of evaporated milk 1 (12 ounce)
- can of sweetened condensed milk ½ (of 14 ounce)
- vanilla, divided 2 teaspoons
- eggs 5
- salt ½ teaspoon
- heavy cream 1 cup
- slices of large white bread (1″), like Italian 10 to 12
- sugar ⅓ cup
- butter for frying
- dulce de leche for drizzling, optional
- In a large bowl whisk together evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, eggs, and salt until combined.
- Place liquid in a wide re-sealable container and press slices of bread inside the container until they absorb some liquid.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minute, turning over bread half way through.
- In the meantime prepare the topping by placing the heavy cream, sugar, and remaining teaspoon of vanilla in a stand mixer.
- Using the whisk attachment, whisk together until stiff peaks are formed.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until ready to serve.
- Add a few pads of butter to an IMUSA NON-STICK GRIDDLE on medium-low heat and once melted cook the slices of toast for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Plate two French toasts and add a spoonfuls of whipped cream on top of the toast. Drizzle with dulce de leche, if desired, and serve immediately as the topping will melt quickly.