Butternut Squash Risotto
Risotto in less than 15 minutes - too good to be true!? Definitely not when using an IMUSA Pressure Cooker! This classic Italian rice dish is creamy and delicious using butternut squash and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Chopped large onion 2-Jan
- Diced butternut squash (about 8 oz.) 2 cups
- White wine ½ cup
- Vegetable stock 2½ cups
- Arborio rice or short grain rice 1 cup
- Chopped sage leaves 4
- Grated Parmesan cheese 1 cup
- Using the IMUSA pressure cooker, soften onions with olive oil under high heat, for about one minute. Add butternut squash and continue cooking for another minute.
- Mix in rice and cook for one minute. Pour wine and allow most of the liquid to evaporate while mixing, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and sage leaves and mix gently. Allow it to come to a boil and cover the lid. Once the IMUSA pressure cooker builds enough pressure (the orange pressure regulator tab pops up), lower the heat to medium and cook for seven minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a wooden spatula, gently press on the pressure control valve (on the center of the lid) to allow all of the pressure to escape until the orange pressure regulator goes back down.
- Open the lid and add parmesan cheese and mix well. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.