Bacon-wrapped Shrimp in Cheesy Chipotle Dip
Use your IMUSA lava rock molcajete to impress your guests with this delicious appetizer! Shrimp, Bacon and Cheese!?? You cant get better than that! Enough said, start prepping!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12-14 extra large shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined
- 6-7 slices of thin bacon
- 1 C. petite diced canned tomatoes, well drained
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 C. Monterey Jack Cheese
- ½ small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tblsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tblsp. of adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Dry shrimp with paper towel and cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap each shrimp tightly with a half slice of bacon. Hang shrimp over the edge of your IMUSA molcajete, tail side out.
- Place drained tomatoes in a medium bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon in the center of the molcajete.
- Place molcajete in the center of a sturdy baking sheet and put inside the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and serve with warm with baguette slices or crisp tortillas. The molcajete will be extremely hot.