Chicken Taco Soup
This soup has big Mexican flavor with beans, corn, green chili, taco seasoning, shredded chicken, cheease, and spices!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- can navy beans 1 (15½ ounce)
- can small red beans 1 (15½ ounce)
- can sweet corn 1 (15½ ounce)
- garlic cloves 3
- canned green chili peppers 2 tablespoons
- tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Package taco seasoning 1
- Whole rotisserie chicken 1
- chicken stock 8 cups
- Cheddar cheese
- flour tortillas
- container of sour cream 8 ounce
- fresh lime juice 1 teaspoon
- smoked paprika 1 teaspoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
- Over medium heat add the first 7 ingredients along with the chicken stock to your IMUSA STOCK POT and gently mix. Cover with lid and bring to heat.
- Cook for about 2 hours or until beans are soft.
- When beans are soft, add the skinned and pulled chicken to the IMUSA STOCK POT. Cook it for 10 more minutes. Turn off the heat and serve in a soup bowl.
- For sour cream topping, Place sour cream in a bowl and whisk in lime juice, paprika, and salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Once the chicken soup is ready serve with grated cheddar, toasted tortilla chips, and a dollop of the sour cream topping.