Chorizo Scrambled Egg Taco Breakfast
Chorizo and eggs with tortillas is a staple in Mexican breakfast cuisine. Who said you couldn't have tacos for breakfast!?
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Breakfast
- eggs 6
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- chorizo links (about 7 ounces) 2
- medium onion 1
- cilantro, divided 1 cup
- medium tomato 1
- sour cream 1 cup
- fresh lime juice 1 tablespoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
- sharp cheddar 1 cup
- 10-12 corn flour tortillas
- Chipotle Tabasco (suggestion for topping)
- Mix sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and put aside.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Place in IMUSA tortilla warmer or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In an IMUSA PTFE Nonstick sauté pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sweat onions for about one minute and add diced chorizo
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Add half of the cilantro and all of the cooked chorizo to beaten eggs and mix. Bring eggs back to the IMUSA pan and cook on low heat, mixing from time to time.
- Place cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and remaining cilantro in separate bowls and lay them out throughout the table with the warm tortillas.
- Allow your guests to assemble their own breakfast tacos