Pink Bean with Rice, Plantains and Pumpkin
Pink beans and rice is a delicious recipe from the Caribbean that compliments almost any dish. The plantains and pumpkin give this recipe a unique sweet flavor. Serve it with any type of poultry or meat. This recipe uses a pressure cooker to speed up the cooking time.
Author: Imusa Chef Team
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Side Dish
- Dry pink beans 1 Lbs.
- Onion 1
- Packet of sazon seasoning 1 Packet
- Sofrito seasoning 2 Tbsp
- 1 Can of tomato sauce 8oz.
- Pumpkin ½ Lbs
- Ripe plantain 1
- Salt to taste
- Add dry beans into your IMUSA PRESSURE COOKER and fill with cool water (about 1⁄2 inch above beans), and let soak for one hour.
- Turn heat on to medium, and add onion into the pot (this will give the beans a great flavor while cooking). Place the lid on and cook for 35 minutes. When your beans begin to boil; the heat indicator will start to spin in order to let off steam.
- Turn off heat but DO NOT OPEN LID! Wait a few minutes; carefully open your release valve to let out the rest of the steam. Stand away from the pot and let set for about 10 minutes before opening.
- Once cooled, remove onion and add remaining ingredients. Mix well, and cover loosely. Cook on high for about 15 minutes (or until veggies are soft and beans have thickened, add salt to taste). Spoon over white rice and serve!