Fried Rice with Chicken and Ham
A great way to use leftover rice! Mixing with chicken, ham, eggs, and vegetables creates a complete Asian-Inspired meal! This recipe comes with an additional recipe for Shrimp Sauce - that is a perfect topping to the fried rice!
Author: Ana Quincoces
Recipe type: Side dish, Lunch, Dinner
- cooked jasmine rice that has been cooled to room temperature 5 cups
- peanut oil 3 tablespoons
- eggs 2
- sweet white onion like Vidalia ½ cup
- scallions 3 tablespoons
- chicken breast (a store bought rotisserie chicken breast saves time) 1
- thick sliced deli ham ½ cup
- soy sauce or more as needed 3 tablespoons
- For Shrimp Sauce:
- mayonnaise ⅓ cup
- rice wine vinegar 2 teaspoons
- soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- granulated sugar pinch
- paprika 1 teaspoon
- garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- milk 1 tablespoon
- Place IMUSA Wok on stove over medium high heat. Heat peanut oil add the scallions and onions and cook until translucent
- add the beaten egg until lightly scrambled followed by the chicken and ham.
- Add the rice breaking up with an IMUSA wooden Asian spatula and continue stirring until all the ingredients are well combined and the rice is very hot.
- Add the soy sauce all over the rice while stirring quickly.
- Serve with shrimp sauce on the side: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until very smooth. Serve with fried rice.