Egg White Omelet with Spinach, Chorizo and Goat Cheese
The combination of flavors from the spicy chorizo & tangy goat cheese create a wonderful omelet that will be a weekend brunch favorite!
Author: Ana Quincoces
Recipe type: Breakfast
- baby spinach 1 cup
- crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese 2 tablespoons
- chorizo 1 tablespoon
- large egg 1
- large egg whites 2
- hot red pepper sauce, such as Tabasco ¼ teaspoon
- salt 1 pinch
- freshly ground black pepper 1 pinch
- olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in an [url href="https://www.imusausa.com/portfolio-items/red-ceramic-pan/" title="Ceramic Saute Pans"]IMUSA sauté pan[/url].
- spinach and cook just until wilted, about a minute. Drain, press out liquid and chop coarsely. Place the spinach in a small bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and chorizo.
- Blend egg, egg whites, hot sauce, salt, and pepper briskly with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in an IMUSA egg pan over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt the skillet to swirl oil over surface.
- Pour in egg mixture followed by the spinach, chorizo and cheese mixture. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Continue to cook until almost set, and the bottom is golden, about 5 to 6 minutes.