Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla
Big Mexican flavor in this quesadilla recipe using chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chicken breast, red pepper, and creamy mozzarella!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Side Dish
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large chicken breast, grilled and chopped (about 1 ½ C.)
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped (about 1 C.)
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 C. grated mozzarella
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 9-inch flour tortillas (sun-dried tomato and/or spinach)
- Non-stick spray
- For Sour Cream:
- 8 oz. sour cream
- zest of one lime
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl mix red peppers, chicken, cilantro, red onion and mozzarella together. Mix in about 3 tsp. or more, depending on how spicy you want it, of the adobo sauce from the canned chipotle.
- Heat the IMUSA double griddle pan under two burners under medium-low heat. Once it’s hot spray some PTFE Nonstick spray on the griddle and add two tortillas. Let heat for one minute and flip. Gently spread cheese mixture (about 1 ½ cup) throughout each tortilla and let the cheese melt (about 2-3 minutes). With a spatula fold each tortilla into a half moon and press gently with the spatula. Cook for 1 minute on each side and remove. Let rest for 1 minute before cutting each tortilla into 4 wedges. Serve with lime sour cream.
- For sour cream: Mix all of the ingredients together and serve in a small bowl.
- Serves 8-10