Buffalo Chicken Steamed Dumplings
If you love dumplings, you'll want to try this recipe filled with ground chicken, blue cheese and spices with a buffalo style hot sauce for dipping!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner
- ground chicken 1 pound
- ½ small onion ½
- garlic cloves 3
- curly parsley 3 tablespoons
- celery ½ cup
- crumbled blue cheese ½ cup
- eggs 2
- salt ½ teaspoon
- pepper ¼ teaspoon
- Dumpling wrappers
- non-stick spray
- buffalo style hot sauce, like Frank’s 1 cup
- butter 6 tablespoons
- In a medium bowl mix first 9 ingredients together by hand until evenly combined.
- Assemble dumplings by placing wonton wrapper on a flat surface.
- Roll a small ball of the chicken mixture between your hands, about a tablespoon, and place in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Dip a finger in a cup of water and run it around the edges of the wrapper.
- Pick up wrapper and chicken ball with one hand (between your thumb and index finger) and begin pinching hard around the wrapper until it tightly wraps the chicken ball. Re-pinch if necessary. Your dumplings should be star-shaped with the chicken ball in the center.
- Spray your IMUSA steaming basket with non-stick spray and place dumplings throughout. Steam for 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- In the meantime make hot sauce by gently heating it with the butter.
- Spoon some hot sauce on a plate and place dumplings on top. Garnish with more crumbled blue cheese, if desired.