Turkey Taco Bolognese
Bolognese sauce is a meat-based pasta sauce originating from Italy. We spice it up by adding taco seasoning to create a Mexican-Flavored dish that will be a weeknight staple!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- ground turkey 1 pound
- packet taco seasoning 1
- medium onion 1
- medium carrots 2
- medium celery stocks 2
- large garlic cloves 3
- can of crushed tomatoes 1 (28 ounce)
- can of Rotel tomatoes 1 (10 ounce)
- spaghetti, fettuccini, or any of your favorite pasta 1 pound
- Place the IMUSA aluminum stockpot on high heat and pour olive oil.
- Once it begins to smoke, add the turkey and cook, breaking up into pieces with a wooden spatula, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and mix, then cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and allow to come to a simmer.
- Lower heat and cook pasta.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add to stockpot with Bolognese.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese or queso fresco.