IMUSA USA and Sedano’s Supermarkets come together to generate awareness and raise funds for Autism Speaks, the nation’s largest autism research and advocacy organization.
“Autism is all around us and affects our community and our customers. IMUSA is a proud sponsor of Autism Speaks. Through our network of clients and friends, we help raise awareness, gather funds and advocate on behalf of Autism Speaks.” — Manny Gaunaurd, President of IMUSA USA.
Sedano’s stores along with IMUSA will once again participate in the Puzzle Piece Fundraising campaign from March 5th through April 2nd, 2014 in honor of Autism Awareness month. Sedano’s customers will be invited to raise funds for autism research by purchasing a $1 puzzle piece. The Puzzle Piece Fundraising program will take place in all Sedano’s Supermarkets. A store recognition program will also honor managers and associates of top performing stores.
Facts About Autism
- Autism spectrum disorders are diagnosed in one in 88 children, affecting four times as many boys as girls. The diagnosis has increased tenfold in the last decade.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis whose cause and cure remain unknown.
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism.
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes, and cancer combined.
- Please visit the Autism Speaks’ website, www.autismspeaks.org to learn more about autism.
As the first cookware company to sponsor Autism Speaks, IMUSA USA’s partnership is making a difference through significant contributions to research, by developing a series of gluten-free recipes for autistic children and as an advocate, supporter, and sponsor of local fundraising activities such as this Puzzle Piece Promotion event. IMUSA USA will be a sponsor of “Walk Now for Autism Speaks” on April 6th, 2014, a fun-filled, family friendly event in Miami, FL to fund vital research for autism, the fastest-growing serious developmental disorder.
Join IMUSA in the efforts to support our community. Because cookware is about bringing families and the community together.