Multigrain French toast with Light Guava/Maple syrup
Try Sunday morning brunch with this delicious and unique recipe using almonds for additional crunch and a syrup made with guava!
Author: Ana Quincoces
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack, Brunch
Cuisine: More Favorite Recipes
- For French Toast:
- slivered almonds 1 cup
- eggs 3
- milk 1 cup
- all-purpose flour 3 tablespoons
- salt ¼ teaspoon
- baking powder ½ teaspoon
- almond extract ½ teaspoon
- vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- thick slices of whole wheat or multigrain bread 12
- light butter (made from canola oil) 3 tablespoons
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- For Syrup:
- reduced sugar (light) maple syrup 1 cup
- guava marmalade ½ cup
- Place almonds in a small IMUSA sauté pan over low heat. Tossing frequently, toast until lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt, baking powder, almond extract and vanilla extract. Soak bread slices in the mixture until saturated.
- Heat butter in a large IMUSA skillet over medium heat. One at a time, press one side of soaked bread slices in the almonds to coat. Fry bread slices on both sides until golden brown. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving,
- In a microwave safe container, combine syrup and guava marmalade whisk until combined and warm.
- Serve over French toast.