Basil Pineapple Fried Rice
You will never order Chinese Takeout again! This delicious recipe has a touch of sweetness with pineapple chunks and additional crunch from roasted cashews!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Side dish, Lunch, Dinner
- cooked cold white rice 2 cups
- soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- sugar 1 tablespoon
- vegetable oil
- garlic cloves (minced) 3
- medium red onion (chopped) 1
- scrambled eggs 2
- canned pineapple chunks, drained (about 1 ½ Cups) 10 ounces
- frozen peas 1 cup
- roasted cashews ½ cup
- fresh basil (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Combine sugar and soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat your IMUSA wok on high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil to wok, then tilt the wok to swirl oil, coating the sides. Once the oil begins to smoke, stir-fry the garlic and red onions for one minute and set aside in a bowl.
- Add 4 more tablespoons of oil and crumble rice into wok. Stir-fry for 5 minutes with a flat wooden spatula until lightly browned, breaking up lumps of rice.
- Push rice to the side of wok and in the center add another tablespoon of oil. Add scrambled eggs and scramble until eggs are completely cooked and crumbled.
- Mix together with rice and add cooked garlic and onions. Drizzle in soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for two more minutes. Add pineapple, peas, and cashews and mix evenly.
- Remove from heat and mix in chopped basil. Garnish with extra basil before serving.