Northern Potato and Poblano Chile Strips
Poblano peppers are mild in heat but rich in flavor! This recipe includes potatoes and Mexican style cream to make a rich side dish or even a stand alone meal with loads of flavor!
Author: IMUSA Chef Team
Recipe type: Snack, Appetizer
- Poblano Chiles 6
- white onion ½
- potatoes 1½ pound
- canola or corn oil 1 tablespoon
- Mexican style cream (crema fresca) or crème fraiche 1 cup
- milk or chicken stock ½ cup
- salt 2 tablespoons
- Place the Poblano chiles on a PTFE Nonstick IMUSA Comal on high heat and roast until the chile skin is completely and evenly blistered.
- Turn the chiles on a regular basis to facilitate even blistering. Do not char the chiles.
- Place chiles in plastic or paper bag for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel away the black skin as well as the seeds and veins and cut into ⅛ inch strips.
- Cook the potatoes in an IMUSA sauce pan, adding enough water to cover the potatoes. Add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- In an IMUSA sautÃ© pan, add the oil and onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onions become transparent.
- Add the potatoes and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the chile Poblano strips, cream, milk and salt to taste.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and serve.