Chorizo Lentil Stew
Prepare a delicious stew in less than 15 minutes. That is correct you can have an exquisite chorizo and lentil stew in less than 15 minutes using your IMUSA pressure cooker. Join us on this culinary voyage as chef George Duran shows us how to prepare his famous Chorizo and Lentil Stew.
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
Cuisine: More Favorite Recipes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups brown lentils (about ¾ lbs.)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 3-5 chorizo links (about 11 oz.), cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Over medium high heat add oil to your IMUSA pressure cooker and sauté onions, carrots, and green peppers for 5 minutes. Add the of the ingredients to pressure cooker, mix them together, cover the pot (making sure the lid is properly sealed), and bring to high heat.
- When the orange pressure regulator pops up, lower heat to medium and let cook under pressure for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and using a wooden spatula, gently press on the pressure control valve (located on the center of the lid) to allow all of the pressure to escape until the orange pressure regulator goes back down. Open lid and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.