Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fondue
You can't go far in Mexican cuisine without finding a chocolate dish with chili powder and cinnamon. The combination of spicy and sweet is a flavorful twist to chocolate fondue!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Appetizer
- heavy cream ½ cup
- vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon
- mild chili powder ¾ teaspoon
- semi-sweet chocolate chips ½ cup
- Fruits like apples, pears, and bananas, cut in bite size pieces
- Cubed pound cake
- Skewers for dipping
- In your IMUSA mini saucepan add first four ingredients and place under medium heat.
- Stir with a small wooden spoon or soft spatula until dissolved and heavy cream is steaming.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and add hot heavy cream.
- Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- Whisk heavy cream and chocolate until completely melted and the fondue is thick and velvety.
- Pour chocolate back in IMUSA mini saucepan.
- Place saucepan on low heat until it begins to bubble and serve with fruits as well as marshmallows and cubed pound cake.