Cheddar Bacon and Jalapeño Cornbread Empanadas
Using an IMUSA empanada maker, you can make cornbread with cheddar, bacon, and jalapeno. This combination of flavors will be sure to delight your taste buds!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner
- package of corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy 2 (8.5 ounce)
- whole milk 1 cup
- eggs 2
- sharp cheddar cheese 2 cups
- cooked bacon, 6-7 slices 1 cup
- jarred jalapeÃ±o peppers ½ cup
- Room temperature butter and honey for serving
- In a medium bowl mix the first six ingredients until combined. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, pre-heat your IMUSA empanada maker by simply plugging it in.
- Once the green light is on, disperse 2 heaping tablespoons of the cornbread mixture (about half a cup) to each ungreased empanada mold. Close cover and allow to cook for 4 minutes.
- Open cover, and using tongs, carefully remove each empanada onto a cooling rack
- Remove any excess cornbread from the empanada crust, and after it cools for a couple of minutes, serve immediately with butter and honey on the side.