Chorizo Taquitos with Cilantro-Lime Sauce
Taquitos are a Mexican dish consisting of rolled up tortillas filled with meat or cheese. The tortillas are then fried for a delicious crunch! This recipe has a citrus-flavored sauce using cilantro and lime that pairs well with the spicy chorizo filling!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Snack, Appetizers, Side Dish
- medium onion ½
- green pepper 1
- ripe avocado 1
- bunch fresh cilantro 1
- juice of ½ lime
- olive oil ½ cup
- salt 1 teaspoon
- chorizo links (about 8 ounces) 2 to 4
- can re-fried beans 1
- flour tortillas 4 (8 inch)
- PTFE Nonstick spray
- Make cilantro-lime sauce by placing all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until thick and smooth. If too thick, add some water, one tablespoon at a time until it’s the right consistency. Set aside.
- For the taquitos, dice chorizo links and sauté in your IMUSA sauté pan on medium-high heat until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Place in a small bowl reserving oil in pan.
- Assemble taquitos by lightly heating up the flour tortillas in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, until soft.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the re-fried beans throughout each tortilla all the way to the edge. This will help seal the taquitos.
- Evenly divide chorizo onto the center of each tortilla and roll tightly.
- Place seam-side-down onto the IMUSA sauté pan and cook on low heat on each side until golden brown.
- Spray PTFE Nonstick oil as needed to achieve crispy browned exterior.
- Serve immediately with cilantro-lime sauce.