Easy Coconut Rice and Beans
This is going to be your new favorite side dish. Originating in the Caribbean, this recipe uses coconut milk to give a uniquely sweet flavor to the rice. The beans provide enough protein to the dish to be a stand alone meal, however, it is also delicious accompanied with a flank steak or chicken.
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Gathering
- Bacon 4 Oz.
- Large Onion 1
- Garlic Cloves 4
- 1 can of diced tomatoes 28 Oz.
- 2 cans of red kidney beans 15.5 Oz.
- Fresh cilantro 1 Bunch
- Long-grain rice 3 Cups
- 2 cans Coconut milk 14 Oz.
- Water 1 Cup
- Salt 4 Tbsp
- Heat your 6.9 Qt IMUSA Caldero under medium high heat and cook bacon until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Pour in the drained tomatoes, kidney beans, cilantro, rice and salt and mix gently until well blended. Add the coconut milk and water and mix again.
- Cover with lid and bring to high heat allowing it to come to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.