Tex Mex Brunch
Want a Mexican-Inspired Brunch!? All you need is some guacamole, salsa, and tortillas to pair with your morning eggs! Ole!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Brunch
- shallot 1
- fresh cilantro 1 cup
- lime juice 2 tablespoon
- garlic cloves 2
- Cans of petit diced tomatoes 2 (14.5 ounce)
- salt 1 teaspoon
- pepper ⅛ teaspoon
- avocado 1
- jarred jalapeno 1 tablespoon
- eggs 8
- cheddar cheese 1 cup
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
- flour tortillas 8 (6 inch)
- In a medium bowl combine first seven ingredients and place in a fine sieve to drain for about 10 minutes.
- Remove half of salsa mixture and place in an IMUSA SALSA BOWL and set aside.
- Place half of remaining salsa mixture in a separate bowl and add mashed avocados and jalapeno. Mix gently until combined. Place guacamole inside second IMUSA SALSA BOWL and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and add remaining salsa and grated cheese.
- Heat a non-stick IMUSA SAUTÉ PAN on medium heat and add oil.
- Cook scrambled eggs using a rubber spatula until it’s just under cooked. Place eggs in a third IMUSA SALSA BOWL.
- Heat tortillas in the IMUSA TORTILLA WARMER.
- Place a damp paper towel inside the base of your IMUSA TORTILLA WARMER and place the tortillas on top.
- Place the tortilla warmer without the top inside of your microwave and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.
- Cover the tortilla warmer and serve them with the salsa, guacamole, and eggs.