Chipotle Corn Tortillas
Nothing beats homemade corn tortillas! Adding chipotle to the masa adds a slightly smoky kick to your tortillas.
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer
- Masa corn flour, like Maseca 2 cups
- warm water 1½ cups
- salt 1 teaspoon
- can of chipotle in adobo sauce 1
- In a medium bowl add Maseca corn flour. Mix salt with warm water and drizzle in corn flour with one hand while kneading with the other hand until soft dough forms.
- Add two tablespoons of the adobo sauce from the can of chipotle. If you like it spicier, chop up one of the chiles into a paste and mix it into the dough. The dough should be soft, smooth, and pliable but not sticky.
- Divide dough into 10-12 balls, about 2 inches thick, a little bigger than a golf ball. Place in a dish and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Pre-heat your IMUSA PTFE Nonstick sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Open IMUSA tortilla press and cover each side with a separate piece of plastic wrap. Add a tortilla ball a little behind the center of the press and press down, pushing in handle to flatten tortilla. Carefully open tortilla press and remove tortilla with the plastic wrap that it is stuck to.
- Fold over tortilla onto one hand and gently remove plastic wrap with the other hand. Add tortilla to hot sautÃ© pan and cook for about one minute.
- Flip and cook for another minute. Flip again and cook for a final minute, until slightly browned. Place tortilla in an aluminum foil packet and continue making the rest of the tortillas.
- When you are ready to serve, place aluminum foil packet in a 300-degree oven for 10-15 minutes and serve