Borracho means drunk. Having said that, get ready to drunken your pollo with white wine and tequila! This delicious recipe from our Chef Aarón Sánchez will definitely make your taste buds feel alive!
Author: Aarón Sánchez
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 (4-pound) frying chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thickly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 cup Spanish olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano. In the jumbo cooker, heat olive oil and brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat, add onion and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the bay leaves, wine, tequila, and olives. Return chicken to the pan, cover, and cook in the oven until tender and browned, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove and serve.