Steamed Veggies & Pineapple Sweet/Sour Sauce
Who said veggies had to be boring!? Using a dipping sauce made from pineapple, vinegar, and sugar adds a sweet and tangy flavor to your steamed veggies.
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Side dish, Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer
- vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, and turnips
- ice water 1 tablespoon
- cornstarch 1 tablespoon
- can of pineapple chunks (1) 20 ounce
- vinegar ¼ cup
- sugar 1 tablespoon
- salt 1 teaspoon
- Place vegetables inside the IMUSA steamer baskets and bring 2 cups of water to boil in a wok or medium saucepan.
- To make dipping sauce, in a small bowl or cup add ice water and cornstarch and mix until fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Remove juice of canned pineapple, about ¾ cup, and place in a small saucepan. Reserve pineapple chunks for other use.
- Add vinegar, sugar and salt to saucepan and heat on medium high, whisking frequently.
- Once simmering, drizzle in cornstarch mixture and whisk briskly until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and pour dipping sauce in a bowl.
- To steam the vegetables, place steamer baskets with veggies on wok or saucepan and steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove immediately and serve with sweet and sour dipping sauce.