Mango Crab Avocado Tostones
Tostones, a traditional side dish made of green plantain, are also known as “Patacones”. There are several ways to add variety to this delicious staple in many Latin American and Caribbean countries – we show you how with crab, avocado, and mango!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Snack, Lunch, Dinner
- Fresh lump crab meat 8 Oz.
- Ripened avocados 2
- Ripened mangos 2
- Lime juice 1 Tbsp
- Small Shallot 1
- Packet of sazon or 3 tsp of salt 1
- Lrg. Green plantains
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine all of the crab meat ingredients and season more if needed. Set aside.
- Peel plantains and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Fill an IMUSA NON-STICK SAUTÉ PAN with about 1⁄2 inch of vegetable oil and bring to heat until it begins to shimmer.
- In batches, fry both sides of plantain pieces until browned.
- Using an IMUSA TOSTONERA, or a heavy sauce pan, flatten each plantain slice evenly. Re-fry the plantain pieces until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.