Couscous With Chicken
Couscous is a coursely ground pasta made from semolina – a type of wheat. Use it as a delicious substitute to rice in this twist on the classic Rice with Chicken recipe. This recipe is healthy - using whole grain couscous, vegetables, and skinless chicken.
Author: IMUSA Chef Team
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch
- olive oil, plus more for serving 1 tablespoon
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs 1½ pounds
- yellow onion 1
- red bell pepper 1
- green bell pepper 1
- cloves garlic 3
- red pepper flakes ½ teaspoon
- whole grain couscous 1 cup
- packet seasoning with azafran 1
- frozen peas ½ cup
- cilantro ½ cup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in your IMUSA CALDERO over medium high heat.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in your IMUSA CALDERO in an even layer, trying to keep them separate. Cook on each side for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic, to your IMUSA CALDERO. Add the packet of seasoning and some more salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the onion and pepper are soft.
- Add the couscous and 2 cups of water to your Caldero, then nestle the chicken in the couscous. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until couscous is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the peas, cilantro, and serve, adding a light drizzle of olive oil to finish.