Moroccan Style Arroz con Pollo
This Latin-Fusion dish combines the traditional Rice with Chicken dish with Moroccan flavors using sweet paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander, raisins, and olives!
Author: George Duran
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- sweet paprika 2 teaspoons
- ground cumin 2 teaspoons
- ground ginger 1 teaspoon
- ground coriander 1 teaspoon
- ground pepper ¼ teaspoon
- salt 2 teaspoons
- olive oil 3 tablespoons
- bone-in chicken thighs 8
- large onion 1
- garlic cloves 6
- medium or long grain rice 1½ cup
- golden raisins 1 cup
- kalamata olives 1 cup
- chicken stock 3 cups
- bay leaves 2
- Juice of half a lemon
- parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and combine with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and coat evenly with spices in bowl.
- Heat your IMUSA silicone Caldero on medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Cook both sides of each chicken thigh until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- In the same IMUSA Caldero, sauté the onions and garlic until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in rice, raisins, olives and chicken stock.
- Add bay leaves and nestle each chicken thigh on top of rice. Allow to come to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle lemon juice on chicken and rice. Serve two thighs on top of rice and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.