Why not have a little fun with your IMUSA empanada maker and add pizza sauce, pepperoni, and creamy mozzarella! A kid-favorite recipe!
Author: Elsie Ramos
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner
- frozen empanada discs 8
- mozzarella cheese 2 cups
- jar of store bought pizza sauce 1 (16 ounce)
- pepperoni slices 1½ cups
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix sauce, cheese and chopped pepperoni together in a bowl.
- On a cutting board or clean dry surface, lay out four empanada discs.
- Spoon some of the pepperoni mixture onto the middle of the disc then fold in half.
- Using a brush or your finger, gently moisten the closing part of the disc and squeeze down. This is to make sure your filling is tightly secured inside.
- Turn on your empanada maker and let it heat up
- Lightly brush the top of the empanadas with olive oil and place in the empanada maker.
- Close and tighten and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. You can open and see if they are browned enough, if not repeat and add another 3-5 minutes.
- Let the empanadas sit for a few minutes before serving as the filling stays very hot inside!