If you like Mexican cuisine, you will love this Salsa Verde recipe!. This green sauce is frequently used as a dip for tortilla chips and served with tacos, grilled pork, grilled meats and even fish!
Author: Aaron Sanchez
Recipe type: Salsa
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 jalapenos or 1 serrano chile, roughly chopped (seeds too, if you can take the heat)
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the vinegar, jalapenos, garlic and bay leaves in the blender jar and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl or a Molcajete. Stir in the herbs. Pour the olive oil in slowly and steadily, whisking the whole time. Season with salt and pepper to taste.