Using an IMUSA empanada maker, you can make savory shrimp empanadas flavored with tomato, onion, and garlic! The perfect side dish or savory snack!
Author: Elsie Ramos
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner
- frozen empanada discs 8
- small shrimps 3 cups
- large tomato 1
- extra virgin olive oil ¼ cup
- Spanish olives 1½ tablespoons
- medium onion 1
- cloves of garlic 4
- small jar of roasted red pimientos 1
- Heat up a PTFE Nonstick pan with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and add onion and garlic.
- Cook on low heat until onions and garlic are softened.
- Add all other ingredients; except for your shrimp and heat together for about 5 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- Add shrimp; mix well then turn heat off and set aside. The shrimps are cooked so no need to cook through any further.
- On a cutting board or clean dry surface, lay out four empanada discs.
- Spoon some of the shrimp mixture onto the middle of the disc then fold in half.
- Using a brush or your finger, gently moisten the closing part of the disc and squeeze down. This is to make sure your filling is tightly secured inside.
- Turn on your empanada maker and let it heat up.
- Lightly brush the top of the empanadas with the remaining olive oil and place in the empanada maker.
- Close and tighten and let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. You can open and see if they are browned enough, if not repeat and add another 3-5 minutes.
- Let the empanadas sit for a few minutes before serving as the filling stays very hot inside!