Stuffed Poblano Chiles in White Rice
Poblano peppers are mild in heat but rich in flavor! Take your tastebuds down south with this rice recipe including white cheddar cheese, corn, and poblano chiles!
Author: IMUSA Chef Team
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- small Poblano chiles or 4 large Poblano chiles 8
- mild white cheddar cheese 1 pound
- chicken broth or water 4 cups
- small white onion ½ small
- garlic cloves 2
- salt 4 teaspoons
- vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
- long grain rice 2 cups
- frozen corn ½ cup
- Place the Poblano chiles on any non-stick IMUSA Comal on high heat and roast until the chile skin is completely and evenly blistered.
- Turn the chiles on a regular basis to create the even blistering. Do not char the chiles.
- Place chiles in plastic or paper bag for 10-15 minutes. Peel away the black skin. Make a cut lengthwise on your chile and take out the seeds and veins.
- Stuff with cheese.
- Using a blender, pureé the chicken broth, onion, and garlic. Strain and set aside.
- On medium heat, add the oil to your IMUSA Caldero. Add the rice.
- Stir regularly for 3 minutes until the rice grains are white on the inside and transparent on the outside.
- Add the chicken broth mixture. Add salt. Bring to a boil.
- Nestle the stuffed chiles into the cooking rice with the seam side up. Sprinkle in the corn and cover.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. Do not uncover the rice for at least 15 minutes or it will not cook properly.